I.U.P.A. also provides additional legal services to local unions in the Full Service Program.
I.U.P.A. Legal Defense Fund (LDF)
- Full representation by an experienced criminal attorney from the outset of the investigation through the conclusion of trial.
- This benefit is available no matter what agency does the investigation:
- When your employer defends, but does not agree to wholly indemnify you, the Legal Defense Fund will provide an experienced attorney to monitor your case. This means that the attorney is available to answer your questions about the case, review the pleadings and discovery, watch for conflicts between you and your employer, and monitor for inadequate representation.
- You will be provided with independent counsel by the Legal Defense Fund if there is:
- A legal conflict of interest between you and your employer;
- Inadequate representation by your employer;
- A considerable likelihood that punitive damages could be awarded against you; or,
- If your employer refuses to represent you for an act or omission within the scope of your employment.
Costs to You
- There are no co-pays, no caps, and no deductibles for covered services.
To find out more about what LDF can do for you, please contact us at email@example.com